If there’s one thing I’m an expert at- this is it. OK, napping and reading come in a close second. And maybe drinking iced tea and eating anything freshly baked, but I digress.
We recently bought our first house, and it came with this incredible bath tub!
We looked for 1 1/2 years for the perfect home (that we could actually afford), and I can tell you I turned a few down because of less than adequate bathtubs. There is nothing better to unwind and relax my mind than sinking into this beauty. I would like to tell you I conserve water, and only indulge once a week. But that would be a blatant lie. I take a bath every night. And every night, I make it an indulgent one.
Steps to the perfectly indulgent bath…
- Candles- and lots of them. As many as you can find.
- 1/4 cup epsom salts. These help suck the toxins out of your body and relax the muscles.
- 1-2 T. Vitamin E oil. This will leave your skin silky soft.
- 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil. I like lavender to relax at night, citrus or peppermint to invigorate (if you have sensitive skin- don’t use citrus)
- Glass of ice water and a good book.
- Fan on and earplugs in so you can’t hear any whining, crying, or little ones calling you
- I don’t use bubble baths because they dry out your skin, and most have harsh chemicals and nasties you don’t want to be soaking in. I have started making my own recently. Its a little less bubbly, but a whole lot better for me and the world. I’ll try to get that posted soon.
Now grab your favorite trashy novel, or Nicolas Sparks book and enjoy some time just for you.