What are you guys reading right now? Not what are you reading to your kids, or books about parenting. I mean something just for you.
I’m looking for some new books for the summer. Maybe even some new authors! Any recommendations?
I’ve been re-reading the Hunger Games. I’m so impressed by her ability to describe this imaginary world! I like her Underland Chronicles Series as well for some lighthearted reading. And of course I’m always re-reading The Harry Potter Series, The Lord of the Rings Series, and The Narnia Chronicles.
Here’s my top 5 recommendations for the summer…
- The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien (my favorite author of all time!)
- The Gunslinger by Stephen King (second favorite- and an engrossing series)
- Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry (long, but an easy and fun read)
- The Gone Away World by Nick Harkoway (son of John LeCarre. He has a new one that’s on my list for this summer!)
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (another favorite since I was 9)
Please share some of your favorites in Comments. I can’t wait to hear what you love, and to find something new to read!